How will it all work?
- Futures are set to begin trading 23rd September and actual Bitcoin can be acquired by going long in the one-day or 30-day contract and holding to delivery.
- Custody of the coins will be handled by Bakkt Trust Co., which received approval from the New York State Department of Financial Services last month to hold customer tokens.
- The warehouse will then move Bitcoins from short positions to long positions at expiration, resulting in actual delivery of Bitcoin.
- The warehouse has opened early to allow customers to move Bitcoin in and out of their accounts to become comfortable with the process prior to Sept. 23.
- According to a Bloomberg report It’s rare in the futures world for a company to act as exchange, clearinghouse and settlement authority; this last part delayed ICE’s plans for months as it sought the NYDFS approval to become a trust.
Information on these pages contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Markets and instruments profiled on this page are for informational purposes only and should not in any way come across as a recommendation to buy or sell in these assets. You should do your own thorough research before making any investment decisions. FXStreet does not in any way guarantee that this information is free from mistakes, errors, or material misstatements. It also does not guarantee that this information is of a timely nature. Investing in Open Markets involves a great deal of risk, including the loss of all or a portion of your investment, as well as emotional distress. All risks, losses and costs associated with investing, including total loss of principal, are your responsibility. The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of FXStreet nor its advertisers.