- Bitcoin has settled above a vital barrier of $8.200.
- Bitcoin SV is the best performing cryptocurrency of the day, up 6%.
The cryptocurrency market is a mixed picture on Friday. Bitcoin stays in green, while the majority of altcoins are navigating a sea of red. The cryptocurrency market capitalization increased to $261 billion from $260 billion on Thursday; an average daily trading volume stayed at $64 billion amid slow trading activity.
Top-3 coins price overview
- BTC/USD settled above $8,200 after a sharp upside move on Thursday towards $8,300 barrier. However, the lack of follow-through may lead to the downside correction towards $8,000. Bitcoin has gained about 1% of its value on a day-on-day basis and stayed unchanged since the beginning of Friday.
- Ethereum, the second largest digital asset with the current market capitalization of $27 billion, dropped to $253 after a move above $260 handle on Thursday. The coin has lost nearly 2% in recent 24 hours but stayed in the green zone on a weekly basis.
- Ripple's XRP is back below $0.40, as an upside momentum proved to be unsustainable. The third largest coin with the current market capitalization of $16.8 has lost 1.7% from this time on Thursday to trade at $0.3940 by press time.
The biggest market-movers
- Cardano (ADA) has turned from a winner to the loser. The 11th largest coin with the current market capitalization of $2.3 billion has lost nearly 5% in recent 24 hours to trade at $0.0892 by press time.
- Bitcoin SV (BSV) is a strong performer today. The coin is changing hands at $200, with over 6% of day-on-day gains. However, the upside may prove to be unsustainable as it was caused by FOMO.
Information on these pages contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Markets and instruments profiled on this page are for informational purposes only and should not in any way come across as a recommendation to buy or sell in these assets. You should do your own thorough research before making any investment decisions. FXStreet does not in any way guarantee that this information is free from mistakes, errors, or material misstatements. It also does not guarantee that this information is of a timely nature. Investing in Open Markets involves a great deal of risk, including the loss of all or a portion of your investment, as well as emotional distress. All risks, losses and costs associated with investing, including total loss of principal, are your responsibility. The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of FXStreet nor its advertisers.