Reuters, citing a senior US official, reports that the United States on Monday will sanction more than two dozen people and entities involved in Iran's nuclear, missile and conventional arms programs.
Speaking on condition of anonymity, the official said Iran could have enough fissile material for a nuclear weapon by the end of the year and that Tehran has resumed long-range missile cooperation with nuclear-armed North Korea.
He did not provide detailed evidence regarding either assertion.
- US to impose sanctions on more than 24 people, entities involved in Iran's nuclear, missile and conventional arms programs on Monday, senior US the official says.
- US believes Iran may have enough fissile material for a nuclear bomb by end of the year, US official says.
- Iran, North Korea have resumed collaboration on long-range missile project, US official says.
- Trump to issue an executive order on Monday allowing US to sanction non-US actors who trade conventional arms with Iran - US official confirms.
- US taking these steps to enforce UN sanctions it argues have been restored believes foreign companies will wish to avoid risk of US penalties - US official says.
There has been no immediate market impact but these are key developments that the oil market participants will be watching closely.
Information on these pages contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Markets and instruments profiled on this page are for informational purposes only and should not in any way come across as a recommendation to buy or sell in these assets. You should do your own thorough research before making any investment decisions. FXStreet does not in any way guarantee that this information is free from mistakes, errors, or material misstatements. It also does not guarantee that this information is of a timely nature. Investing in Open Markets involves a great deal of risk, including the loss of all or a portion of your investment, as well as emotional distress. All risks, losses and costs associated with investing, including total loss of principal, are your responsibility. The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of FXStreet nor its advertisers.