Opposition Labour Party's spokesman crossed the wires in the last minutes noting that they could push for a vote of no confidence against the future prime minister if a no-deal Brexit is imposed.
Key quotes (via Reuters)
- We are seeking to create the conditions for parliament to take control and prevent disastrous no deal Brexit.
- What would be unconstitutional would be to prorogue parliament.
- Boris Johnson and other conservative candidates have made clear they are prepared to see a no deal which would be disastrous.
- We are not prepared to allow that to happen.
- If we aren’t successful we will use other mechanisms to get the same outcome to prevent no deal.
- Vote of no confidence is one option of several.
Information on these pages contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Markets and instruments profiled on this page are for informational purposes only and should not in any way come across as a recommendation to buy or sell in these assets. You should do your own thorough research before making any investment decisions. FXStreet does not in any way guarantee that this information is free from mistakes, errors, or material misstatements. It also does not guarantee that this information is of a timely nature. Investing in Open Markets involves a great deal of risk, including the loss of all or a portion of your investment, as well as emotional distress. All risks, losses and costs associated with investing, including total loss of principal, are your responsibility.