In his prepared remarks for testimony, US Federal Reserve Chairman Jerome Powell stikes cautious statements while citing the economic uncertainty for the US going forward. The Fed Cheif marked the economic recovery in the statements but also said, "Pace of improvement has moderated:, per the prepared noted published by Reuters.
- Outlook for US economy uncertain, will depend on virus.
- Economic activity has continued to recover, but pace of improvement has moderated.
- Overall rebound in household spending due in part to federal aid.
- Pace of improvement in labour market has moderated.
- Fed's actions have unlocked almost $2 tln of funding to support businesses, nonprofits, local governments.
- Rise in covid-19 cases is concerning, could prove challenging for next few months.
- Committed to using our full range of tools to support the economy.
- Vaccine news is very positive for the medium term; challenges, uncertainties remain.
US dollar fades pullback recovery...
Following the news, US dollar fades the recent bounce off multi-month low.
Information on these pages contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Markets and instruments profiled on this page are for informational purposes only and should not in any way come across as a recommendation to buy or sell in these assets. You should do your own thorough research before making any investment decisions. FXStreet does not in any way guarantee that this information is free from mistakes, errors, or material misstatements. It also does not guarantee that this information is of a timely nature. Investing in Open Markets involves a great deal of risk, including the loss of all or a portion of your investment, as well as emotional distress. All risks, losses and costs associated with investing, including total loss of principal, are your responsibility. The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of FXStreet nor its advertisers.