- Coordicide will remove the Coordinator from IOTA’s system.
- IOT/USD jumped up by 11.4% following the news.
IOTA announced that they are going to execute their groundbreaking Coordicide solution to achieve true decentralization. Before the announcement, IOTA used a Coordinator within their system to maintain network security. The Coordinator was initially designed to prevent double-spends and provide transaction finality.
The Coordicide solution will remove the Coordinator and address the following three issues:
- High transaction costs.
- Scalability challenges.
- The tendency towards centralization.
David Sønstebø, the co-founder of the IOTA Foundation, said about the solution:
“We have been working towards the removal of the Coordinator since IOTA’s inception. Now with the maturity and growth of the protocol, and the quality of our research team, we are bringing that promise to fruition.”
IOT/USD daily chart
- Following the news, IOT/USD bulls took hold of the market and pushed the price up from $0.438 to $0.488, charting an 11.4% increase in price.
- The spike took the price above the 20-day Bollinger band and the bears have taken over in the early hours of Wednesday to keep the price in check. IOT/USD is currently priced at $0.48.
- The signal line has diverged from the moving average convergence/divergence line to show increased bullish momentum.
- The Elliot oscillator has had three bullish sessions in a row with increasing intensity.
- The relative strength index (RSI) indicator has crept to the edge of the overbought zone.
- The nearest support level lies at $0.469 and the closest resistance level is at $0.478.
Information on these pages contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Markets and instruments profiled on this page are for informational purposes only and should not in any way come across as a recommendation to buy or sell in these assets. You should do your own thorough research before making any investment decisions. FXStreet does not in any way guarantee that this information is free from mistakes, errors, or material misstatements. It also does not guarantee that this information is of a timely nature. Investing in Open Markets involves a great deal of risk, including the loss of all or a portion of your investment, as well as emotional distress. All risks, losses and costs associated with investing, including total loss of principal, are your responsibility. The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of FXStreet nor its advertisers. The author will not be held responsible for information that is found at the end of links posted on this page.
If not otherwise explicitly mentioned in the body of the article, at the time of writing, the author has no position in any stock mentioned in this article and no business relationship with any company mentioned. The author has not received compensation for writing this article, other than from FXStreet.
FXStreet and the author do not provide personalized recommendations. The author makes no representations as to the accuracy, completeness, or suitability of this information. FXStreet and the author will not be liable for any errors, omissions or any losses, injuries or damages arising from this information and its display or use. Errors and omissions excepted.
The author and FXStreet are not registered investment advisors and nothing in this article is intended to be investment advice.