Is it time for NZD/USD to reverse south?


NZD/USD has been trading in a consolidative manner so far this week, slightly below the 0.7125 barrier. In the bigger picture, the pair recently stopped forming higher highs and higher lows, and began printing lower highs, as shown by the peaks of September 3rd and 10th. That said, it has yet to go for a lower low. Thus, until we see such a technical signal, we prefer to remain sidelined.

A clear and decisive dip below 0.7080 would confirm such a lower low and may signal a short-term bearish reversal, as it may mark the completion of a failure swing top formation on the 4-hour chart. The first stop after that may be the low of September 2nd, at 0.7055, the break of which could pave the way towards the inside swing high of August 27th, or the low of August 30th, at around 0.7020 and 0.6985 respectively. If neither barrier is able to halt the slide, then we could see extensions towards the low of August 27th, at 0.6935.

Shifting attention to our short-term oscillators, we see that the RSI lies flat near its 50 line, while the MACD is also pointing east, and lies near both its zero and trigger lines. Both indicators suggest absent of directional momentum and confirm our choice to stay flat for now.

On the upside, we would like to see a break above 0.7170, the high of September 3rd, before we start examining whether the bulls are back in control. We could initially see advances towards the 0.7213 level, marked by the high of June 11th, or the 0.7245 barrier, defined as a resistance by the high of June 7th. If the advance does not stop there, then the next territory to consider as a potential stop may be the 0.7286 area, marked by the high of June 1st.

NZDUSD

The content we produce does not constitute investment advice or investment recommendation (should not be considered as such) and does not in any way constitute an invitation to acquire any financial instrument or product. JFD Group, its affiliates, agents, directors, officers or employees are not liable for any damages that may be caused by individual comments or statements by JFD Group analysts and assumes no liability with respect to the completeness and correctness of the content presented. The investor is solely responsible for the risk of his investment decisions. Accordingly, you should seek, if you consider appropriate, relevant independent professional advice on the investment considered. The analyses and comments presented do not include any consideration of your personal investment objectives, financial circumstances or needs. The content has not been prepared in accordance with the legal requirements for financial analyses and must therefore be viewed by the reader as marketing information. JFD Group prohibits the duplication or publication without explicit approval.

73.90% of the retail investor accounts lose money when trading CFDs with this provider. You should consider whether you can afford to take the high risk of losing your money. Please read the full Risk Disclosure: https://www.jfdbank.com/en/legal/risk-disclosure

Feed news

How do emotions affect trade?
Follow up our daily analysts guidance

Subscribe Today!    

Latest Forex Analysis


Latest Forex Analysis

Editors’ Picks

EUR/USD holds above 1.1700 but the upside is limited

The EUR/USD pair flirted with 1.1750 but was unable to retain its modest intraday gains. Now trading in the 1.1720 price zone, bears retain control ahead of the US central bank monetary policy decision.

EUR/USD News

GBP/USD: Pressure mounts ahead of central banks’ announcements

The Fed and the BoE will make announcements this week. UK public inflation expectations are up for this year and the upcoming ones. GBP/USD is technically bearish in the near term, poised to retest August monthly low.

GBP/USD News

Gold: Further advances depend on the Fed

A better market mood put pressure on the American currency. The US Federal Reserve will announce its monetary policy decision on Wednesday. Gold advanced for a second day in a row, but additional gains are in doubt.

Gold News

Shiba Inu bulls can't hold SHIB from dropping to $0.000006

Shiba Inu price has fallen -28% over the past four trading sessions. Bears remain in control as bulls fail to complete a breakout above $0.000008. Bulls must hold $0.000007 to prevent a drop towards $0.000006.

Read more

Fed Preview: Three ways in which Powell could down the dollar, and none is the dot-plot

No taper now, but when? That is the main question for the Fed in its all-important September meeting. The bank buys $120B worth of bonds every month and it is set to reduce the pace at some point – the first step toward raising interest rates. 

Read more

Majors

Cryptocurrencies

Signatures