Fed’s Kashkari is speaking on a panel at Winona State University's Town Hall Forum, in Minnesota. Fed’s Kashkari is a voting member and a dove.
- Fed’s Kashkari: pulling up the drawbridges on trade is a loser strategy for the us.
- Trade has benefited the US economy greatly overall.
- Fed’s Kashkari: if Congress passes a tax bill, Fed will update economic models, which may chang the path of interest rates.
Previous comments as follows:
- Right now Fed does not see signs of an impending correction that will lead to a terrible crisis.
- Doesn't think that raising interest rates to bring down the stock market is a good idea.
- Sees no reason to tap the brakes on the economy.
- Sees no reason to raise rates when inflation continues to run low.
- Trump is making thoughtful, reasonable appointments to Fed Board.
- He is positive about how Fed staffed and where it is heading.
- Would like the Fed to hold off on tightening until inflation was above 2% and that the hikes may have slowed the recovery.
Information on these pages contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Markets and instruments profiled on this page are for informational purposes only and should not in any way come across as a recommendation to buy or sell in these assets. You should do your own thorough research before making any investment decisions. FXStreet does not in any way guarantee that this information is free from mistakes, errors, or material misstatements. It also does not guarantee that this information is of a timely nature. Investing in Open Markets involves a great deal of risk, including the loss of all or a portion of your investment, as well as emotional distress. All risks, losses and costs associated with investing, including total loss of principal, are your responsibility. The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of FXStreet nor its advertisers.