This webinar offers two benefits:
1. Information (education)
Alex will explain his semi-systematic, M.T.M.F. (multiple timeframe, multiple framework) trading framework.
Alex will show you his trade setups for the coming week. Semi-systematic or rules-based trading refers to a trading approach that combines systematic (rule-based) elements with some discretionary decision-making by the trader.
This approach has several benefits:
- Objective Decision-Making:
- Semi-systematic trading helps in removing emotional biases from trading decisions. Traders follow predefined rules, leading to more objective and systematic decision-making.
- Rules-based trading promotes consistency in decision-making. Traders follow a set of predetermined criteria, reducing the likelihood of making impulsive or inconsistent decisions.
- Backtesting and Optimization:
- Traders can backtest their trading strategies using historical data to assess their effectiveness. This allows for fine-tuning and optimization of the strategy based on past performance.
- Semi-systematic trading can be automated to execute trades based on predefined rules. Automation eliminates the need for constant monitoring and execution, reducing the possibility of human errors and improving efficiency.
- Efficiency and Speed:
- Automated execution of trades in semi-systematic trading ensures quick responses to market conditions. This can be particularly advantageous in fast-moving markets where timely execution is crucial.
- Reduced Emotional Impact:
- By relying on a set of rules, traders can avoid emotional decision-making driven by fear, greed, or other human emotions. This can lead to more disciplined and rational trading behavior.
- Systematic Risk Management:
- Rules-based trading allows for the incorporation of risk management strategies into the trading plan. Traders can set stop-loss levels, position sizes, and other risk controls to manage potential losses.
- Semi-systematic trading strategies are often scalable. Once a strategy is defined and tested, it can be applied to different markets and timeframes without the need for significant adjustments.
- Time Efficiency:
- Traders utilizing semi-systematic approaches can save time on analysis and decision-making. The rules are established in advance, streamlining the trading process and allowing traders to focus on other aspects of their trading or pursue additional strategies.