- Bitcoin recovered from early losses to trade above $9,100.
- XRP is the worst-performing altcoin with over 4% of losses since this time on Tuesday.
The cryptocurrency market is a mixed picture with bitcoin and major altcoins moving directionlessly within the recent ranges. The total market capitalization decreased to $284 billion from $288 billion on Tuesday; an average daily trading volume unchanged at $53 billion.
Top-3 coins price overview
- BTC/USD tested waters below $9,000 during early Asian hours but managed to regain ground. At the time of writing, the first digital coin is changing hands at $9,160, marginally higher since the beginning of Wednesday and down 1.3% on a day-on-day basis.
- Ethereum, the second largest digital asset with the current market capitalization of $28.4 billion, is trading at $266 handle. The price has been sliding since it touched the area above $273 on Monday. ETH/USD has gained nearly 1% on its value on Wednesday but lost 1.7% in recent 24 hours.
- Ripple's XRP has settled below $0.43 amid a strong downside momentum triggered by technical factors. The third largest coin with the current market capitalization of $18.2 billion, has decreased by 4% from this time on Tuesday and hit $0.4246 during early Asian hours.
The biggest market-movers
- Tezos (XTZ) is the worst-performing cryptocurrency on Wednesday. The 19th largest coin with the market value of $819 million is changing hands at $1.24, which is over 7% lower from this time on Tuesday.
- ZCash (ZEC) is a big gainer today. The coin is up over 11% on a day-on-day basis, trading at $115.16 at the time of writing. This is the 21st coin in CoinMarketCap's rating with the current market capitalization of $781 million.
Information on these pages contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Markets and instruments profiled on this page are for informational purposes only and should not in any way come across as a recommendation to buy or sell in these assets. You should do your own thorough research before making any investment decisions. FXStreet does not in any way guarantee that this information is free from mistakes, errors, or material misstatements. It also does not guarantee that this information is of a timely nature. Investing in Open Markets involves a great deal of risk, including the loss of all or a portion of your investment, as well as emotional distress. All risks, losses and costs associated with investing, including total loss of principal, are your responsibility.