Here's what you need to know on Monday
The BTC/USD pair is currently trading at $7,469 (-0.68%), after four days of attempts to overcome the $7,600 resistance level.
The ETH/USD pair is currently trading at $149.25 (-1.11%). Over the weekend, it moved above the $150 resistance level.
XRP/USD is currently trading at $0.229 (-0.45%), showing strength to stay above the critical support level at $0.21.
Among the 100 most important cryptocurrencies, the best of the day are NRG $2.72 (+15.23%), ALGO $0.3238 (+12.77%) and BCN $0.000346 (+12.03%). The day's losers are MIN $2.09 (-21.83%), EKT $0.1209 (-8.43%) and FET $0.0635 (-6.79%).
Chart of the day:
Bitcoin addresses ATH
- Istanbul, the Ethereum hard fork upgrade, is already live without impacting the price and stability of the Ethereum network. Updating is part of a more extensive process aimed at migrating to a "Proof of Stake" (PoS) system.
- A study published by Deutsche Bank concludes that electronic coins will replace current fiduciary currencies by 2030. The German bank argues that there will be a generational shift and a strong upswing in inflation after decades of low price growth.
- Only 23504 blocks of the Bitcoin network remain to be mined before the next halving, which is scheduled to occur in mid-May, according to Binance US.
- The US IRS (Internal Revenue Service) will send for its new tax campaign a new form related to the possession and negotiation of cryptocurrencies. The form asks about involvement with products and assets crypto.
- South Korea will apply taxes on cryptocurrencies transactions in the next fiscal year.
Quote of the day:
Justin Sun, TRON Founder
Information on these pages contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Markets and instruments profiled on this page are for informational purposes only and should not in any way come across as a recommendation to buy or sell in these assets. You should do your own thorough research before making any investment decisions. FXStreet does not in any way guarantee that this information is free from mistakes, errors, or material misstatements. It also does not guarantee that this information is of a timely nature. Investing in Open Markets involves a great deal of risk, including the loss of all or a portion of your investment, as well as emotional distress. All risks, losses and costs associated with investing, including total loss of principal, are your responsibility. The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of FXStreet nor its advertisers.