The Bank of England Governor Mark Carney also touched the topic of cryptocurrencies while delivering his Financial stability testimony in the British parliament in London.
Key comment of Mark Carney:
- “ We do not view bitcoin as a financial stability issue at present.”
- “Bitcoin is not closely connected to the mainstream financial system.”
- “Some ICO's (Initial Coin Offering) are an attempt to avoid rules around IPO's”
- “Carney expect international regulators to discuss cryptocurrencies and potential future role of Central Bank digital currencies”
- “To regulate cryptocurrencies is not Bank of England’s remit”
Information on these pages contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Markets and instruments profiled on this page are for informational purposes only and should not in any way come across as a recommendation to buy or sell in these securities. You should do your own thorough research before making any investment decisions. FXStreet does not in any way guarantee that this information is free from mistakes, errors, or material misstatements. It also does not guarantee that this information is of a timely nature. Investing in Forex involves a great deal of risk, including the loss of all or a portion of your investment, as well as emotional distress. All risks, losses and costs associated with investing, including total loss of principal, are your responsibility.