Below are the key highlights from Dallas Federal Reserve Bank President Robert Kaplan's recently published interview with Reuters.
- Intensification of trade tariffs would downgrade 2018, 2019 U.S. Economic forecasts.
- 'Calling out' economic risks of trade spat in meetings with lawmakers, government officials.
- Worried about longer-term trade effects on CapEx, currencies, geopolitics.
- Still expects one more U.S. Rate hike this year.
- Could be convinced of need for fourth rate hike in 2018 depending on outlook.
- Once rates reach neutral, around 2.5 pct to 2.75 pct, will need to debate whether to go higher.
Information on these pages contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Markets and instruments profiled on this page are for informational purposes only and should not in any way come across as a recommendation to buy or sell in these securities. You should do your own thorough research before making any investment decisions. FXStreet does not in any way guarantee that this information is free from mistakes, errors, or material misstatements. It also does not guarantee that this information is of a timely nature. Investing in Forex involves a great deal of risk, including the loss of all or a portion of your investment, as well as emotional distress. All risks, losses and costs associated with investing, including total loss of principal, are your responsibility.