UK's Junior Brexit minister Robin Walker, speaking to German Funke Media Group this Friday, sounded optimistic that Britain and the EU will reach a breakthrough in Brexit talks soon.
• I hope that this happens in the next three weeks.
• Doesn't believe a disorderly Brexit is likely.
• Brexit negotiations on details are constructive.
• Would be desirable for both the EU and Britain to reach a deal at an EU summit in November.
• There is agreement on more than 95% of the Brexit deal.
• Currently discussing how to avoid hard border between Ireland and N. Ireland.
• Britain will not consider customs border between N.Ireland and Britain in the Irish Sea.
• One scenario is Britain remaining in customs union after the end of the transition period.
• This would avoid new borders controls between Ireland and N.Ireland.
• EU and Britain both need to show flexibility and imagination.
Information on these pages contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Markets and instruments profiled on this page are for informational purposes only and should not in any way come across as a recommendation to buy or sell in these securities. You should do your own thorough research before making any investment decisions. FXStreet does not in any way guarantee that this information is free from mistakes, errors, or material misstatements. It also does not guarantee that this information is of a timely nature. Investing in Forex involves a great deal of risk, including the loss of all or a portion of your investment, as well as emotional distress. All risks, losses and costs associated with investing, including total loss of principal, are your responsibility.