Barbara Rockefeller is a foreign exchange veteran and technical analysis pioneer. She is an international economist and trader specializing in foreign exchange. She is the publisher of three daily newsletters and author of six books, including Technical Analysis for Dummies and co-author with Vicki Schmelzer of The Foreign Exchange Matrix.
Prior to starting the newsletter business in 1990, she was the senior risk manager in the international division at Citibank. Before then, Ms. Rockefeller was in the treasury division with a specialization in foreign exchange. Miss Rockefeller lives in Southbury, Connecticut. She has a degree in economics from Reed College and a Masters in international affairs from Columbia University. Miss Rockefeller writes a monthly column on FX for Currency Trader Magazine. She is the author of six books:
* The Baby Boomer Survival Guide (Humanix, 2014)
* The Foreign Exchange Matrix (Harriman House, 2013)
* Technical Analysis for Dummies (Wiley, 2004)—Revised Edition in March 2014
* The Global Trader (Wiley, 2001)
* CNBC 24/7--Trading Around the Clock, Around the World (Wiley, 2000)
* How to Invest Internationally (Japanese, Franklin-Covey, 1999)
Miss Rockefeller’s newsletters are read by hedge fund managers, big bank trading desks, multinational corporation treasurers, central banks, and individuals. The morning "Daily Currency Briefing" is a synopsis of events and forecasts in spot foreign exchange. The "Daily Futures Trading Recommendations Report" and the “Daily Spot Trading Recommendations” are based on a technical analysis system that is continuously modified.