Over recent trade, there have been some key headlines related to trade where the market firmly has eyes and ears for, given the threatening tariffs on imports from China where US President Trump has provoked swift vows of retaliation from Beijing, shaken financial markets, and generated great uncertainty and confusion.
- White House economic adviser Kudlow says TPP countries would be willing to engage with letting U.S. into trade pact.
- Kudlow says there have been discussions, considerations on TPP, but nothing concrete has occurred.
- Kudlow says U.S. would like to see free trade agreement with Japan at some point.
- Kudlow says no confusion about Russia sanctions within White House, additional sanctions are under consideration.
- Kudlow says Trump and Japan's Abe will discuss granting Japan an exemption to steel, aluminium tariffs.
- Kudlow: US trade spat with China not related to TPP.
- Russia's energy minister Novak says Russia and Iran could extend bilateral deal on oil supplies for five years - TASS.
- U.S., Canadian and Mexican ministers leading NAFTA negotiations will meet in Washington this Thursday - Canadian government source.
- Meeting of NAFTA ministers in Washington unlikely to produce any kind of announcement - Canadian government source.
- Three NAFTA nations not in a position to say at this point that they have closed any more chapters - Canadian government source.
The US dollar is little changed on the headlines, DXY +0.21 on the day, trading between a range of 89.229 - 89.666 so far.
Information on these pages contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Markets and instruments profiled on this page are for informational purposes only and should not in any way come across as a recommendation to buy or sell in these securities. You should do your own thorough research before making any investment decisions. FXStreet does not in any way guarantee that this information is free from mistakes, errors, or material misstatements. It also does not guarantee that this information is of a timely nature. Investing in Forex involves a great deal of risk, including the loss of all or a portion of your investment, as well as emotional distress. All risks, losses and costs associated with investing, including total loss of principal, are your responsibility.