Germany's finance minister Wolfgang Schaeuble is on the wires now, via, Reuters, stating that it would not be realistic to take further steps towards European integration at the moment.
Key quotes (via Reuters):
- There needs to be more cooperation and coordination on global level or at least on multi-national level
- After Brexit, Europe needs different speeds, coalitions of the willing
- Europe must contribute more to security in transatlantic partnership but only step by step
- Europe must keep the common currency strong, must ensure that aid is used to solve problems
- There is no lack of debt and central bank money, but there is a lack of productivity and competitiveness
- The problem in some parts of Europe is that the rules are not implemented correctly
Information on these pages contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Markets and instruments profiled on this page are for informational purposes only and should not in any way come across as a recommendation to buy or sell in these securities. You should do your own thorough research before making any investment decisions. FXStreet does not in any way guarantee that this information is free from mistakes, errors, or material misstatements. It also does not guarantee that this information is of a timely nature. Investing in Forex involves a great deal of risk, including the loss of all or a portion of your investment, as well as emotional distress. All risks, losses and costs associated with investing, including total loss of principal, are your responsibility.