Germany's finance minister Wolfgang Schaeuble is on the wires now, via, Reuters, stating that it would not be realistic to take further steps towards European integration at the moment.
Key quotes (via Reuters):
- There needs to be more cooperation and coordination on global level or at least on multi-national level
- After Brexit, Europe needs different speeds, coalitions of the willing
- Europe must contribute more to security in transatlantic partnership but only step by step
- Europe must keep the common currency strong, must ensure that aid is used to solve problems
- There is no lack of debt and central bank money, but there is a lack of productivity and competitiveness
- The problem in some parts of Europe is that the rules are not implemented correctly