Canada's Foreign Minister, Freeland, has crossed the wires saying that she has had a good conversation with Lighthizer on Wednesday.
- Says as long as tariffs remain in place ratification of USMCA would be very problematic.
- Every meeting is a meeting closer to a deal.
- Going to continue to make the case to lift US tariffs.
- Grateful for Mexican compromises on labour in NAFTA.
- U.S. steel tariffs need to be lifted.
Note: This follows reports that Mnuchin said that the U.S. is close to deal with Mexico and Canada on tariffs and is trying to remove tariffs as part of the MCNA deal:
Information on these pages contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Markets and instruments profiled on this page are for informational purposes only and should not in any way come across as a recommendation to buy or sell in these assets. You should do your own thorough research before making any investment decisions. FXStreet does not in any way guarantee that this information is free from mistakes, errors, or material misstatements. It also does not guarantee that this information is of a timely nature. Investing in Open Markets involves a great deal of risk, including the loss of all or a portion of your investment, as well as emotional distress. All risks, losses and costs associated with investing, including total loss of principal, are your responsibility.