- ETH/USD went up from $245 to $257 throughout Wednesday.
- ETH/USD now needs to go past resistance at $260.50.
ETH/USD had a very bullish Wednesday as the price went up from $245 to $257, charting a 4.9% increase in price. Over the day, the price broke past resistance levels at $252 and $256. ETH/USD reached a peak of $260.50 before the bears kicked in and managed to correct the price till $250. Technical analysis shows us that the bearish momentum is decreasing.
ETH/USD daily chart
- The immediate resistance level on the upside lies at $260.50. If the bulls have enough momentum, then the price should go above $270, which has thwarted the ETH/USD market multiple times.
- The 20-day Bollinger band’s jaw is expanding, showing slightly increasing market volatility.
- The market has found support on the upwards trending line.
- The latest session took the market above the 20-day simple moving average (SMA 20) curve and the SMA 50 and SMA 200 curves.
- The signal line is looking to converge with the moving average convergence/divergence (MACD) line showing decreasing bearish momentum.
- The Elliot oscillator shows 14 straight bearish sessions.
- The relative strength index (RSI) indicator has taken a turn and is trending at 58.75.
Information on these pages contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Markets and instruments profiled on this page are for informational purposes only and should not in any way come across as a recommendation to buy or sell in these assets. You should do your own thorough research before making any investment decisions. FXStreet does not in any way guarantee that this information is free from mistakes, errors, or material misstatements. It also does not guarantee that this information is of a timely nature. Investing in Open Markets involves a great deal of risk, including the loss of all or a portion of your investment, as well as emotional distress. All risks, losses and costs associated with investing, including total loss of principal, are your responsibility.