- The cryptocurrency market attempts a recovery within the recent ranges.
- Bitcoin recovered from Thursday's losses, but $8,000 is still untouched.
- NEM is the fastest growing coin out of top-20.
The cryptocurrency market is range-bound with a bullish bias. Bitcoin and all major altcoins are still locked in the recent ranges; however, the upside momentum might gain traction into the end of the week. The total capitalization of all digital coins in circulation surged to $245 billion from $238 billion this time on Thursday; an average daily trading volume settled at $74 billion, according to the statistics provided by CoinMarketCap.
Top-3 coins price overview
- Bitcoin is changing hands at $7,867, gaining over 3% since this time on Thursday. The first digital coin surged to $7,980 during early Asian hours, but failed to hold the ground and retreated under $7,800 amid speculative positioning.
- Ethereum, the second largest digital asset with the current market capitalization of $26 billion, is trading at $245. ETH/USD has barely changed in recent 24 hours. The price tested waters above $247.00 barrier, but the upside momentum proved to be unsustainable.
- Ripple's XRP is hovering marginally below $0.3800, unchanged both on a day-on-day basis and since the beginning of Friday. The coin is locked in a tight range amid declining volatility.
The biggest market-movers
- NEM has been pretty volatile lately. The coin is recovering rapidly after a sharp sell-off on Thursday. NEM/USD has gained 8% in recent 24 hours and became the fastest growing coin out of top-20.
- Tezos is another market leader. The coin's value has grown by 5.6% since this time on Thursday and settled at $1.63 by the time of writing.
Information on these pages contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Markets and instruments profiled on this page are for informational purposes only and should not in any way come across as a recommendation to buy or sell in these assets. You should do your own thorough research before making any investment decisions. FXStreet does not in any way guarantee that this information is free from mistakes, errors, or material misstatements. It also does not guarantee that this information is of a timely nature. Investing in Open Markets involves a great deal of risk, including the loss of all or a portion of your investment, as well as emotional distress. All risks, losses and costs associated with investing, including total loss of principal, are your responsibility. The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of FXStreet nor its advertisers.