- GBP/USD bulls in control, seeking a close around December 2017 high is at 1.3550.
- The next target comes in the1.38s where there is a confluence of Fibonacci retracement targets and the February 2016 swing lows.
- While below 1.3351, as being the February and March highs, bears can focus on a break below 1.3305, (S1), 1.3270 late March highs and the 1.3217 January peak.
- The 200-day moving average is a critical downside target at 1.2699 (just below the golden cross).
"Despite the sharp retracement from multi-month highs, the pair is trading around its former yearly highs. Technical indicators in the mentioned chart maintain their upward slopes within overbought levels, while the pair is further above a firmly bullish 20 DMA.
GBP/USD daily chart
- Support levels: 1.3305 1.3270 1.3225.
- Resistance levels: 1.3365 1.3400 1.3440.
Bullish and bearish technical outlooks
- Bullish: Following a 2.5% rally post the UK elections and a high of 1.3515, the bulls extended the upside above the golden cross and five-yar downside resistance line. Bull can now aim for a close above the 1.35 handle (the December 2017 high is at 1.3550). Bulls will hunt down the high 1.38s where there is a confluence of Fibonacci retracement targets and the February 2016 swing lows. However, between there, we have the September 2017 peak at 1.3658 as well as the February 2018 low at 1.3712. On the next major leg up, bulls will target the double tops of the first half of 2018 around 1.4350.
- Bearish: While below 1.3351, as being the February and March highs, bears can focus on a break below 1.3305, (S1), 1.3270 late March highs and the 1.3217 January peak. Below here, the 21-day moving average and long term support line are located in the low 1.30s which meet the 21 October highs of 1.3012. The 200-day moving average is found down at 1.2699 (just below the golden cross).
|Today last price||1.3344|
|Today Daily Change||0.0000|
|Today Daily Change %||0.00|
|Today daily open||1.3344|
|Previous Daily High||1.3515|
|Previous Daily Low||1.3149|
|Previous Weekly High||1.3515|
|Previous Weekly Low||1.3051|
|Previous Monthly High||1.2986|
|Previous Monthly Low||1.2769|
|Daily Fibonacci 38.2%||1.3375|
|Daily Fibonacci 61.8%||1.3289|
|Daily Pivot Point S1||1.3157|
|Daily Pivot Point S2||1.297|
|Daily Pivot Point S3||1.2791|
|Daily Pivot Point R1||1.3523|
|Daily Pivot Point R2||1.3702|
|Daily Pivot Point R3||1.389|
Information on these pages contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Markets and instruments profiled on this page are for informational purposes only and should not in any way come across as a recommendation to buy or sell in these assets. You should do your own thorough research before making any investment decisions. FXStreet does not in any way guarantee that this information is free from mistakes, errors, or material misstatements. It also does not guarantee that this information is of a timely nature. Investing in Open Markets involves a great deal of risk, including the loss of all or a portion of your investment, as well as emotional distress. All risks, losses and costs associated with investing, including total loss of principal, are your responsibility. The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of FXStreet nor its advertisers.