XAU/USD Trading Positions
In the Forex market, gold is a form of currency. The internationally accepted code for gold is XAU. It is known to be a “safe-haven” asset, it is expected to increase its value in times of volatility and economic uncertainty.
Important assets for XAU/USD
- Currencies: USD and EUR.
- Commodities: Silver.
- Bonds: Bund (the German word for "bond", a debt security issued by Germany's federal government) and T-Note (Treasury Note, a marketable U.S. government debt security).
- Indices: Hui (AMEX Gold BUGS), XAU (Philadelphia Gold and Silver Sector Index) and GDM (NYSE Arca Gold Miners Index) The most important stock exchanges are the New York Mercantile Exchange (COMEX), the Chicago Board of Trade, the Euronext/LIFFE, the London Bullion Market, the Tokyo Commodity Exchange, the Bolsa der Mercadorias e Futuros and the Korea Futures Exchange.
ECONOMIC DATA THAT INFLUENCE XAU/USD THE MOST
The main indicators that traders should watch are:
- Demand vs Supply for the commodity
- Struggling markets or context of currency devaluation: gold is known to be a haven for investors in times of economic uncertainty or when any country sees its currency devaluing.
- Practical applications: technology invents, jewellery use, etc.
ORGANIZATIONS THAT INFLUENCE XAU/USD THE MOST
- WGC (World Gold Council), the market development organisation for the gold industry.
- LBMA, London Bullion Market Association, whose members conduct trading in this wholesale over-the-counter market for the trading of gold and silver. It is loosely overseen by the Bank of England.
- COMEX (Commodity Exchange Inc.), the primary market for trading metals.
- Zurich Gold Pool founded in 1968 by the largest banks in Switzerland after the collapse of the London Gold Pool.
- CGSE, the Chinese Gold & Silver Exchange Society is an organisation of gold trading firms in Hong Kong who are participants of the Chinese Gold and Silver Exchange.
PEOPLE THAT INFLUENCE XAU/USD THE MOST
- David Harquail, the World Gold Council’s Chairman and the CEO of Franco-Nevada Corporation.
- Jerome Powell, the 16th Chair of the Federal Reserve.
- Xi Jinping, President of the People's Republic of China and General Secretary of the Communist Party of China.
Currency Trading Positions
The purpose of the Trading Positions table is to provide a glance of XAU/USD as to where our dedicated contributors are currently positioned. You can access the original analysis reports by clicking on each position.