Headlines cross the wires, via Reuters, as the SNB Chairman Thomas Jordan addresses the post-interest rates decision press conference.
- Long-term inflationary pressure has not increased.
- Expansionary monetary policy remains appropriate to support recovery and price stability.
- Depreciation of CHF shows safe havens are less sought after, but CHF development still fragile.
- Too early to talk about normalization.
- Need to be very prudent (in the normalisation process).
- Inflation expectations very well anchored.
- No risk to breach 2% inflation any time soon.
Information on these pages contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Markets and instruments profiled on this page are for informational purposes only and should not in any way come across as a recommendation to buy or sell in these securities. You should do your own thorough research before making any investment decisions. FXStreet does not in any way guarantee that this information is free from mistakes, errors, or material misstatements. It also does not guarantee that this information is of a timely nature. Investing in Forex involves a great deal of risk, including the loss of all or a portion of your investment, as well as emotional distress. All risks, losses and costs associated with investing, including total loss of principal, are your responsibility.