Gold daily chart
- Gold broke above the 200-day simple moving average (SMA) which is considered bullish. Technical indicators are bullish although the Stochastic is overbought.
- Thursday is a shooting star pattern, which is considered bearish.
- As forecast Gold found strong resistance at 1,244.00 resistance.
Gold 4-hour chart
- Now that the strong resistance at 1,244.00 is confirmed there is little in the way for the bears to drive the market to the 1,233.00 target.
Gold 30-minute chart
- The market is likely to slip through the 50 and 100 SMAs en route to the 200 SMA and 1,233.00.
- Technical indicators are bearish.
Additional key levels
Today Last Price: 1238.52
Today Daily change: 1.2e+2 pips
Today Daily change %: 0.0986%
Today Daily Open: 1237.3
Previous Daily SMA20: 1220.4
Previous Daily SMA50: 1222.65
Previous Daily SMA100: 1210.42
Previous Daily SMA200: 1233.32
Previous Daily High: 1239.36
Previous Daily Low: 1233.5
Previous Weekly High: 1231.8
Previous Weekly Low: 1211.2
Previous Monthly High: 1237.4
Previous Monthly Low: 1196.4
Previous Daily Fibonacci 38.2%: 1235.74
Previous Daily Fibonacci 61.8%: 1237.12
Previous Daily Pivot Point S1: 1234.08
Previous Daily Pivot Point S2: 1230.86
Previous Daily Pivot Point S3: 1228.23
Previous Daily Pivot Point R1: 1239.94
Previous Daily Pivot Point R2: 1242.57
Previous Daily Pivot Point R3: 1245.79
Information on these pages contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Markets and instruments profiled on this page are for informational purposes only and should not in any way come across as a recommendation to buy or sell in these securities. You should do your own thorough research before making any investment decisions. FXStreet does not in any way guarantee that this information is free from mistakes, errors, or material misstatements. It also does not guarantee that this information is of a timely nature. Investing in Forex involves a great deal of risk, including the loss of all or a portion of your investment, as well as emotional distress. All risks, losses and costs associated with investing, including total loss of principal, are your responsibility.