French President Macron says coronavirus epidemic is "most serious health crisis that France has known in a century".
- Macron calls ECB’s measures today ‘insufficient’.
- Macron: to do whatever it costs to protects companies & their employees from virus.
- French pres. Macron calls ECB’s measures today ‘insufficient’.
- France's Macron to massively increase hospitals' capacity to deal with coronavirus.
- Urges elderly people and those with health issues to stay at home for as long as possible.
- Says municipal elections in France to go ahead.
- From monday, education establishments to close.
- Will ask businesses to allow staff to work from home.
- Public transport to stay open.
- State will take on salaries of those who have to work from home.
- Taxes due in march to be postponed.
- ECB measures today are not sufficient.
- Will discuss with Trump from tomorrow a G7 initiative on coronavirus.
- If necessary, we will close frontiers but only in co-ordination with EU.
The markets ar risk-off which is a supportive factor to the euro due to the unwind of the carry trade. However, the ECB disappointed which weighed heavily on the euro, which only managed a recovery in New York due to dollar fundamentals. More on that here: EUR/USD collects a strong NY bid from Fed market operations and prospects of Fed QE
Information on these pages contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Markets and instruments profiled on this page are for informational purposes only and should not in any way come across as a recommendation to buy or sell in these assets. You should do your own thorough research before making any investment decisions. FXStreet does not in any way guarantee that this information is free from mistakes, errors, or material misstatements. It also does not guarantee that this information is of a timely nature. Investing in Open Markets involves a great deal of risk, including the loss of all or a portion of your investment, as well as emotional distress. All risks, losses and costs associated with investing, including total loss of principal, are your responsibility. The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of FXStreet nor its advertisers. The author will not be held responsible for information that is found at the end of links posted on this page.
If not otherwise explicitly mentioned in the body of the article, at the time of writing, the author has no position in any stock mentioned in this article and no business relationship with any company mentioned. The author has not received compensation for writing this article, other than from FXStreet.
FXStreet and the author do not provide personalized recommendations. The author makes no representations as to the accuracy, completeness, or suitability of this information. FXStreet and the author will not be liable for any errors, omissions or any losses, injuries or damages arising from this information and its display or use. Errors and omissions excepted.
The author and FXStreet are not registered investment advisors and nothing in this article is intended to be investment advice.