Fed's Williams has been crossing the wires today and came with additional comments as follows:
- Arguments for adding policy accommodation have strengthened over time.
- Uncertainties around trade, global growth have not improved.
- Not seeing uncertainties shifting in a positive direction.
- Market expectations of rate cuts are showing up in easier financial conditions.
- Data suggests labour mkts aren’t as tight as he used to believe.
- Says his view of the natural employment rate has been lowered.
- Issues facing fed include uncertainties around us. economy, growth going forward, infl. below goal.
- Carefully watching inflation, including possibility of infl. expectations falling.
- Sees us interest rates as neutral.
Fed Williams earlier comments:
Information on these pages contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Markets and instruments profiled on this page are for informational purposes only and should not in any way come across as a recommendation to buy or sell in these assets. You should do your own thorough research before making any investment decisions. FXStreet does not in any way guarantee that this information is free from mistakes, errors, or material misstatements. It also does not guarantee that this information is of a timely nature. Investing in Open Markets involves a great deal of risk, including the loss of all or a portion of your investment, as well as emotional distress. All risks, losses and costs associated with investing, including total loss of principal, are your responsibility. The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of FXStreet nor its advertisers.