Fed’s Kashkari has been crossing the wires, speaking at a Townhall event in Dakota. He is in a long list of Federal Reserve speakers making their opinions known, none of which have been particularly favourable to the dollar.
- Sought half-point cut in June to re-anchor inflation.
- Not at full economic capacity until wages pick.
- Wants no rate hikes until inflation strengthens.
- Quarter point cut would not be enough of a shock - perhaps need 50bp cut.
Fed speakers from earlier:
- Federal Reserve's Williams: Growth outlook outside the U.S. has dimmed
Information on these pages contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Markets and instruments profiled on this page are for informational purposes only and should not in any way come across as a recommendation to buy or sell in these assets. You should do your own thorough research before making any investment decisions. FXStreet does not in any way guarantee that this information is free from mistakes, errors, or material misstatements. It also does not guarantee that this information is of a timely nature. Investing in Open Markets involves a great deal of risk, including the loss of all or a portion of your investment, as well as emotional distress. All risks, losses and costs associated with investing, including total loss of principal, are your responsibility.