- No relief for the crypto markets, as sellers return on Saturday.
- Ethereum – the main laggard amongst the top three dominant cryptocurrencies.
Top 3 coins’ price overview
- Bitcoin (BTC/USD) resumes its recent downtrend and trades below the 7,200 following a rising wedge breakdown on the hourly chart. Any upside attempts could be sold-off near 7,265 supply zone, as bears keep their eye set on sub-7,100 levels. The most widely traded cryptocurrency is down 0.85% on daily basis, with its market capitalization shrinking to $ 130.73 billion.
- Ethereum (ETH/USD), the second largest digital asset, with the current market capitalization of $15.65 billion, holds the lower ground near $ 143 handle, having hit two-day lows of 142.76 over the last hour. The sellers continue to dominate, as the coin is on track to book a 4% weekly loss. So far this month, the No. 2 coin has traversed in a $ 15 range, lacking a clear directional bias.
- Ripple (XRP/USD) feels the pull of gravity in tandem with its crypto peers this Saturday. The recovery attempts seen earlier on the day failed to sustain above the 0.2200 level, as the price came stumbling down to now trade near daily lows of 0.2182. The No. 3 coin trades in a narrow range but risks further falls should it breach Friday’s low at 0.2153. Ripple is seen over 1% lower on the day, enjoying a market capitalization of $9.50 billion.
Information on these pages contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Markets and instruments profiled on this page are for informational purposes only and should not in any way come across as a recommendation to buy or sell in these assets. You should do your own thorough research before making any investment decisions. FXStreet does not in any way guarantee that this information is free from mistakes, errors, or material misstatements. It also does not guarantee that this information is of a timely nature. Investing in Open Markets involves a great deal of risk, including the loss of all or a portion of your investment, as well as emotional distress. All risks, losses and costs associated with investing, including total loss of principal, are your responsibility. The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of FXStreet nor its advertisers.