- The market is rangebound during early Asian hours
- Bitcoin and major altcoins consolidate gains.
Cryptocurrency market has calmed down after stormy movements in the beginning of the week. Bitcoin and most major altcoins sit in the recent ranges despite some recovery attempts registered during early Asian hours on Wednesday. The total capitalization of all digital assets in circulation stays at $181 billion, unchanged from Tuesday, while an average daily trading volume slipped to $51B, compared to $57 billion.
Top-3 coins price overview:
- Bitcoin (BTC) recovered from an intraday low touched at $5,164 to trade at $5,239 at the time of writing. The coin is unchanged both on a day-on-day basis and since the beginning of Wednesday, oscillating in a tight range amid expanding volatility.
- Ethereum (ETH) recovered from an intraday low of $175.63 to change hands at $180.28 at the time of writing. The is unchanged on a daily basis and 2.5% higher form the start of the day. The second largest coin is moving within a short-term bullish trend with the next focus on $181.00
- Ripple’s XRP has settled below $0.3600 handle. The third largest digital asset is trading at $0.3543 unchanged from this time on Tuesday. The short-term trend is strongly bullish, though the first barrier is seen at $0.3600.
The biggest market-movers:
- EOS is the best-performing coin out of top-20. EOS/USD has gained over 6% on a day-on-day basis to trade at $5.81 at the time of writing.
- Ontology (ONT) has grown by 3% to $1.53. The coin takes the 18th place in the global cryptocurrency market rating with the capitalization of $755 billion.
- Tezos is trading at $0.9668, gaining nearly 6% since this time on Tuesday. The coin has the market capitalization $639 billion.
Information on these pages contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Markets and instruments profiled on this page are for informational purposes only and should not in any way come across as a recommendation to buy or sell in these assets. You should do your own thorough research before making any investment decisions. FXStreet does not in any way guarantee that this information is free from mistakes, errors, or material misstatements. It also does not guarantee that this information is of a timely nature. Investing in Open Markets involves a great deal of risk, including the loss of all or a portion of your investment, as well as emotional distress. All risks, losses and costs associated with investing, including total loss of principal, are your responsibility. The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of FXStreet nor its advertisers.