The Mexico central bank, Banxico, said the board was unanimous on the rate decision where it raised the benchmark interest rate to 9.25% from 8.50%.
- Says the balance of risks for the trajectory of inflation within the forecast horizon remains biased significantly to the upside.
- Says the board will thoroughly monitor inflationary pressures as well as all factors that have an incidence on the foreseen path for inflation and its expectations.
- Says the board will assess the magnitude of the upward adjustments in the reference rate for its next policy decisions based on the prevailing conditions.
- Says an environment of uncertainty prevails, while the balance of risks for economic activity remains biased to the downside.
- Says the accumulated inflationary pressures associated with both the pandemic and the military conflict continue affecting headline and core inflation.
- Sees average annual headline inflation of 8.6% for the fourth quarter of 2022.
Meanwhile, USD/MXN is 0.25% bid on the day at 20.1570.
Information on these pages contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Markets and instruments profiled on this page are for informational purposes only and should not in any way come across as a recommendation to buy or sell in these assets. You should do your own thorough research before making any investment decisions. FXStreet does not in any way guarantee that this information is free from mistakes, errors, or material misstatements. It also does not guarantee that this information is of a timely nature. Investing in Open Markets involves a great deal of risk, including the loss of all or a portion of your investment, as well as emotional distress. All risks, losses and costs associated with investing, including total loss of principal, are your responsibility. The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of FXStreet nor its advertisers. The author will not be held responsible for information that is found at the end of links posted on this page.
If not otherwise explicitly mentioned in the body of the article, at the time of writing, the author has no position in any stock mentioned in this article and no business relationship with any company mentioned. The author has not received compensation for writing this article, other than from FXStreet.
FXStreet and the author do not provide personalized recommendations. The author makes no representations as to the accuracy, completeness, or suitability of this information. FXStreet and the author will not be liable for any errors, omissions or any losses, injuries or damages arising from this information and its display or use. Errors and omissions excepted.
The author and FXStreet are not registered investment advisors and nothing in this article is intended to be investment advice.