The troy ounce of the precious metal is wobbling around fresh multi-week tops above $1,230 on Tuesday ahead of key Fed speakers.
Gold focus on Fed speakers
Bullion is looking to extend its advance for the fourth consecutive session today, always against the backdrop of an increasing selling pressure around the US dollar. In fact, in terms of the US Dollar Index, the buck has retreated to sub-100.00 levels for the first time since early February.
The yellow metal has gathered extra traction since the disappointing FOMC meeting last Wednesday, despite the Federal Reserve raised the Fed Funds rate by 25 bp. The Fed, however, failed to signal faster rate hikes in the next months, sticking to the gradual fashion and thus triggering a sharp leg lower in the buck.
Later in the session, the USD should take centre stage in light of speeches by Kansas City Fed E.George (2019 voter, hawkish) and Cleveland Fed L.Mester (2018 voter, hawkish).
Gold key levels
As of writing Gold is losing 0.04% at $1,233.55 facing the next support at $1,221.76 (38.2% of February-March drop) ahead of $1,218.00 (low Mar.16) and finally $1,216.11 (55-day sma). On the other hand, a breakout of $1,237.54 (61.8% of February-March drop) would expose $1,243.90 (high Feb.8) and then $1,263.10 (high Feb.27).
Information on these pages contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Markets and instruments profiled on this page are for informational purposes only and should not in any way come across as a recommendation to buy or sell in these assets. You should do your own thorough research before making any investment decisions. FXStreet does not in any way guarantee that this information is free from mistakes, errors, or material misstatements. It also does not guarantee that this information is of a timely nature. Investing in Open Markets involves a great deal of risk, including the loss of all or a portion of your investment, as well as emotional distress. All risks, losses and costs associated with investing, including total loss of principal, are your responsibility. The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of FXStreet nor its advertisers.