Comments from Dallas Fed President Robert Kaplan crossing the wires via Reuters-
- Waiting too long to raise rates may leave Fed behind the curve, boost odds of recession
- intends to keep an open mind on raising US interest rates at upcoming Federal Reserve meetings
- US is making good progress on full employment goal
- Cyclical inflation pressures are building, but muted by secular forces limiting pricing power
- Will be looking for signs that cyclical inflationary pressures can offset structural headwinds
Information on these pages contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Markets and instruments profiled on this page are for informational purposes only and should not in any way come across as a recommendation to buy or sell in these assets. You should do your own thorough research before making any investment decisions. FXStreet does not in any way guarantee that this information is free from mistakes, errors, or material misstatements. It also does not guarantee that this information is of a timely nature. Investing in Open Markets involves a great deal of risk, including the loss of all or a portion of your investment, as well as emotional distress. All risks, losses and costs associated with investing, including total loss of principal, are your responsibility.