Charles Evans, president of the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago was speaking in NY:
- If wages growing more would think econ more.
- Fed Evans q&a: real economy doing 'quite well'.
- Support 'very gradual' hikes, balance sheet reduction.
- See downside risks t the inflation outlook.
- Inflation view less sanguine than fomc median.
- More accommodative policies reduce risk of near-0 rates .
- Must assure public 2% inflation target not a ceiling .
- Slow removal of accommodation needed to hit infllation target.
- 2, 3 or 4 rate hikes this yr 'small difference'.
Information on these pages contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Markets and instruments profiled on this page are for informational purposes only and should not in any way come across as a recommendation to buy or sell in these securities. You should do your own thorough research before making any investment decisions. FXStreet does not in any way guarantee that this information is free from mistakes, errors, or material misstatements. It also does not guarantee that this information is of a timely nature. Investing in Forex involves a great deal of risk, including the loss of all or a portion of your investment, as well as emotional distress. All risks, losses and costs associated with investing, including total loss of principal, are your responsibility.