According to Reuters, European Central Bank President Mario Draghi told EU leaders at this week's summit that the international trade was the main reason for the economic slowdown in the euro area.
Key quotes (via Reuters)
- ECB sees protracted weakness, pervasive uncertainty in eurozone economy.
- Risks of recession still quite low.
- Sees substantial degree of monetary policy accommodation as needed.
- Aggregate consequences from Brexit on eurozone are small.
- Central banks are prepared for Brexit, private sector needs to step up preparation.
Information on these pages contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Markets and instruments profiled on this page are for informational purposes only and should not in any way come across as a recommendation to buy or sell in these assets. You should do your own thorough research before making any investment decisions. FXStreet does not in any way guarantee that this information is free from mistakes, errors, or material misstatements. It also does not guarantee that this information is of a timely nature. Investing in Open Markets involves a great deal of risk, including the loss of all or a portion of your investment, as well as emotional distress. All risks, losses and costs associated with investing, including total loss of principal, are your responsibility. The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of FXStreet nor its advertisers.