In a widely expected decision, the Central Bank of the Republic of Turkey (CBRT) today announced that it kept the policy rate (one-week repo auction rate) constant at 24%.
Key takeaways from the press release
- Recently released data show that rebalancing trend in the economy has continued.
- Developments in domestic demand conditions and the tight monetary policy support disinflation.
- In order to contain the risks to the pricing behavior and to reinforce the disinflation process, the Committee has decided to maintain the tight monetary policy stance.
- Factors affecting inflation will be closely monitored and, monetary stance will be determined to keep inflation in line with the targeted path.
- It should be emphasized that any new data or information may lead the Committee to revise its stance.
Information on these pages contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Markets and instruments profiled on this page are for informational purposes only and should not in any way come across as a recommendation to buy or sell in these assets. You should do your own thorough research before making any investment decisions. FXStreet does not in any way guarantee that this information is free from mistakes, errors, or material misstatements. It also does not guarantee that this information is of a timely nature. Investing in Open Markets involves a great deal of risk, including the loss of all or a portion of your investment, as well as emotional distress. All risks, losses and costs associated with investing, including total loss of principal, are your responsibility.