Bank of Korea Governor Lee is out on the wires stating that while Korea's potential growth rate continues to fall, a rapid economic slowdown is unlikely this year.
The central bank kept interest rates unchanged at 1.75 percent earlier today.
- 2019 exports will still show growth in terms if volume.
- Time not right to consider further monetary easing.
- A downturn in memory chips industry will negatively affect the economy
- Experts say semiconduction demand to improve in the second half.
- 2019 CPI inflation seen at 1.4 percent vs the previous estimate of 1.7 percent
- 2019 GDP growth is seen at 2.6 percent vs the initial estimate of 2.7 percent.
Information on these pages contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Markets and instruments profiled on this page are for informational purposes only and should not in any way come across as a recommendation to buy or sell in these assets. You should do your own thorough research before making any investment decisions. FXStreet does not in any way guarantee that this information is free from mistakes, errors, or material misstatements. It also does not guarantee that this information is of a timely nature. Investing in Open Markets involves a great deal of risk, including the loss of all or a portion of your investment, as well as emotional distress. All risks, losses and costs associated with investing, including total loss of principal, are your responsibility.