The US President-elect is addressing the nation on how his administration will turn the page on the COVID-19 crisis and begin to recover as a nation.
The details were mostly already known, as follows:
Outline of the plan
- Plan will include $2000 direct payments.
- Includes more vaccines and virus testing.
- Will include aid for state and local governments.
- An extension of supplemental federal unemployment benefits.
- More help for renters.
- Money for schools to open.
$350 billion to states for front line workers, $50 billion in expanded testing, $160 billion for national vaccine program.
$1tln in direct support for households
- Circa $440 bn for business, most-impacted communities
- Stimulus checks to be topped up by $1,400 (so $2,000 in total, the initial $600 + $1,400)
- Supplemental unemployment benefit to $400 / week (its currently $300) and extended to September 2021
- The national minimum wage of $15, an end to tipped minimum wage.
- Biden will attempt to get his "American Rescue Plan" passed through Congress in the first weeks of his administration.
''Debt situation will be more stable if we seize the moment''.
''$2000 is going to go a long way to ease that pain''.
"We need about $400 billion of funding from Congress to make all of what I've just said happen."
Biden says plans 100m vaccine shots in first 100 days.
The US dollar has corrected the W-formation's bullish impulse to the neckline of the pattern. The price would be now expected to hold at this confluence level and then continue higher.
Information on these pages contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Markets and instruments profiled on this page are for informational purposes only and should not in any way come across as a recommendation to buy or sell in these assets. You should do your own thorough research before making any investment decisions. FXStreet does not in any way guarantee that this information is free from mistakes, errors, or material misstatements. It also does not guarantee that this information is of a timely nature. Investing in Open Markets involves a great deal of risk, including the loss of all or a portion of your investment, as well as emotional distress. All risks, losses and costs associated with investing, including total loss of principal, are your responsibility. The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of FXStreet nor its advertisers.