- Litecoin attempts a tepid bounce, but Saturday’s bearish bias remains intact
- Daily chart shows a bearish outlook over the medium-term.
The fourth most widely traded cryptocurrency, Litecoin, is back in the red zone following Friday’s dead cat bounce. The coin has lost over 2.5% over the last 24 hours and now remains exposed to further downside risks. Litecoin enjoys a market capitalization of $ 6.43B, or 2.03% of the total cryptocurrency market cap.
LTC/USD 1-hour chart
- Bears take a breather after early losses, as the 50% Fibonacci Retracement (Fib) of the latest recovery (at 101.16) offers solid support.
- The recovery appears limited by a bunch of resistances, stacked up between 103.15-104 levels, where the 10, 21 and 50 hourly SMAs coincide.
- Technical set up points to the downside opening up towards 100.00.
LTC/USD daily chart
- A potential rounding top formation is spotted on the daily sticks.
- The pattern will get confirmed once the prices close below the 100-round figure.
- A break below the last will open up the downside towards the 60/55 level over the next 3 months.
Key levels to watch
|Today last price||102.1459|
|Today Daily Change||-2.9093|
|Today Daily Change %||-2.77|
|Today daily open||105.0552|
|Previous Daily High||107.0843|
|Previous Daily Low||100.6797|
|Previous Weekly High||125.6252|
|Previous Weekly Low||95.0808|
|Previous Monthly High||146.2716|
|Previous Monthly Low||97.5782|
|Daily Fibonacci 38.2%||104.6377|
|Daily Fibonacci 61.8%||103.1262|
|Daily Pivot Point S1||101.4619|
|Daily Pivot Point S2||97.8685|
|Daily Pivot Point S3||95.0572|
|Daily Pivot Point R1||107.8665|
|Daily Pivot Point R2||110.6777|
|Daily Pivot Point R3||114.2711|
Information on these pages contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Markets and instruments profiled on this page are for informational purposes only and should not in any way come across as a recommendation to buy or sell in these assets. You should do your own thorough research before making any investment decisions. FXStreet does not in any way guarantee that this information is free from mistakes, errors, or material misstatements. It also does not guarantee that this information is of a timely nature. Investing in Open Markets involves a great deal of risk, including the loss of all or a portion of your investment, as well as emotional distress. All risks, losses and costs associated with investing, including total loss of principal, are your responsibility. The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of FXStreet nor its advertisers.