- LTC/USD is currently trading for $88.25 and has no significant resistance lines till $95.
- Mike Novogratz, Fortress Hedge Fund manager, criticized Litecoin saying “Litecoin is a glorified test net for bitcoin.”
LTC/USD is currently trading for $88.25 as markets opened this Saturday. The confluence detector shows that there are no significant resistance lines till $95 so expect the bulls to make some significant moves over the weekend. Despite Litecoin’s upside potential, Fortress Hedge Fund manager Mike Novogratz doesn’t seem to be a fan. He said:
“Gold has an $8.5 trillion-dollar market cap. Silver is $15 billion. That is .17 percent. Bitcoin has a $90 billion dollar market cap. Litecoin is $5.7 billion, which is only 6.4 percent of bitcoin. Silver is at least useful for industrial production. Litecoin is a glorified test net for bitcoin. I don’t get this rally. Sell Litecoin and buy bitcoin.”
Litecoin founder Charlie Lee didn’t take too kindly to his comments. He fired back:
“Litecoin is a glorified test net? Bitcoin Lightning Network makes Litecoin useless? Can’t be more wrong! High bitcoin fees? With http://boltz.exchange, just do a cross chain submarine swap from Litecoin on-chain to bitcoin. Send Litecoin to fill up your bitcoin wallet! Fast: ~2.5 minutes. Cheap: pennies in fees.”
LTC/USD Daily Confluence Detector
Strong resistance levels lie at $90.50, and $94.75. The confluences at those levels are:
- $90.50: Weekly 23.6% Fibonacci retracement level.
- $94.75: 4-hour Bollinger band upper curve and daily pivot point resistance 2.
The price is supported at $88, $86, and $84.50. The confluences at those levels are:
- $88: 15-min Bollinger band lower curve, 15-min previous low, SMA 5, hourly Bollinger band middle curve, and 4-hour previous low.
- $86: Monthly pivot point resistance 3.
- $84.50: Daily previous low and weekly 38.2% Fibonacci retracement level.
Information on these pages contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Markets and instruments profiled on this page are for informational purposes only and should not in any way come across as a recommendation to buy or sell in these assets. You should do your own thorough research before making any investment decisions. FXStreet does not in any way guarantee that this information is free from mistakes, errors, or material misstatements. It also does not guarantee that this information is of a timely nature. Investing in Open Markets involves a great deal of risk, including the loss of all or a portion of your investment, as well as emotional distress. All risks, losses and costs associated with investing, including total loss of principal, are your responsibility.