- Bitcoin has retreated from the recent high and settled at $9,200.
- XRP the best-performing altcoin with over 4% of gains since this time on Monday.
The cryptocurrency market has stayed in a green zone during Asian hours on Tuesday. The total market capitalization increased stayed at $288 billion; however, an average daily trading volume dropped to $52 billion amid declining volatility.
Top-3 coins price overview
- BTC/USD settled around $9,200 after hitting a new high of $9,474 on Monday. While the first digital coin retreated from the recent high, the trend remains bullish as long as the price stays above $9,000. A the time of writing, BTC/USD is changing hands at $9,190.
- Ethereum, the second largest digital asset with the current market capitalization of $28.9 billion, is hovering below $270 handle. The price touched the area above $273 on Monday but failed to keep the ground. ETH/USD has been unchanged in recent 24 hours and lost 2% of its value since the beginning of Tuesday trading.
- Ripple's XRP has settled above $0.44 amid a strong upside momentum triggered by a slew of positive fundamental news. The third largest coin with the current market capitalization of $19 billion, has grown by 4.5% from this time on Monday and hit $0.4560 during early Asian hours.
The biggest market-movers
- Binance Coin (BNB) is the best-performing cryptocurrency on Monday. The 7th largest coin with the market value of $4.9 billion is changing hands at $34.73, which is over 6% higher from this time on Monday.
- IOTA (IOT) is the biggest loser. The coin is down over 3% on a day-on-day basis, trading at $0.4350 at the time of writing. This is the 16th largest coin with the current market capitalization of $1.2 billion.
Information on these pages contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Markets and instruments profiled on this page are for informational purposes only and should not in any way come across as a recommendation to buy or sell in these assets. You should do your own thorough research before making any investment decisions. FXStreet does not in any way guarantee that this information is free from mistakes, errors, or material misstatements. It also does not guarantee that this information is of a timely nature. Investing in Open Markets involves a great deal of risk, including the loss of all or a portion of your investment, as well as emotional distress. All risks, losses and costs associated with investing, including total loss of principal, are your responsibility.