- The bearish sentiments are growing stronger.
- Bitcoin extends the downside, slips below $7,900.
- Monero and NEO are the only coins in green.
The cryptocurrency market is back in the red zone with Bitcoin and all major altcoins nursing losses ranging from 1% to 7%. The current market capitalization of all digital assets in circulation reached $245 billion, while an average daily trading volume is registered at $76 billion.
The SEC's decision to postpone VanEck's ETF might have produced an adverse effect and increased the downside pressure on the market. However, technical and speculative factors remain the key drivers for the market at this stage.
Top-3 coins price overview
- Bitcoin is changing hands at $7,874, down 1.5% on a day-on-day basis. The first digital coin slipped under $7,900, but critical $7,800 remains unbroken as of yet.
- Ethereum, the second largest digital asset with the current market capitalization of $26.6 billion, is trading under $249 with a strong bearish short-term momentum. The coin is down 1/1% since this time on Monday.
- Ripple's XRP is the biggest loser out of top-3. XRP/USD broke below $0.3900 handle to trade at $0.3883 by the time of writing. The coin is down 3% on a day-on-day basis.
The biggest market-movers
- NEO, the 20th largest coin, managed to gain 4% in recent 24 hours despite the bearish momentum on the market; though, the upside may be limited. NEO/USD is changing hands at $11.80.
- Monero (XMR) is also on the rise. The coin is trading at $91.35 with nearly 3% o gains on a day-on-day basis.
- Tezos is the biggest loser of the day. The 16th largest coin is nursing 7% of losses.
Information on these pages contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Markets and instruments profiled on this page are for informational purposes only and should not in any way come across as a recommendation to buy or sell in these assets. You should do your own thorough research before making any investment decisions. FXStreet does not in any way guarantee that this information is free from mistakes, errors, or material misstatements. It also does not guarantee that this information is of a timely nature. Investing in Open Markets involves a great deal of risk, including the loss of all or a portion of your investment, as well as emotional distress. All risks, losses and costs associated with investing, including total loss of principal, are your responsibility. The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of FXStreet nor its advertisers.