Yesterday we pointed out USD strength from Friday but price action on USD pairs has either reversed or consolidated ahead of today’s US CPI figures. 

 

We see a clear downtrend on EURUSD and the Stochastic Oscillator is showing us an Overbought signal.

Price action has reached a key level of resistance at the 38.2% Fibonacci level so we may see a reversal here but, again, be aware of today’s CPI announcement.

Last week we were looking at a possible reversal on AUD and it seems to have happened.

AUDUSD broke this Double Top and a clear downtrend has started.

However, price action needs to break this key level of support which is also the 38.2% Fibonacci level.

We see that the ADX on EURGBP was showing us very little throughout August but has now indicated a downtrend.

However, before continuing down, we would wait for the Stochastic Oscillator to turn from Overbought.

Also, if we look at the Daily chart, we can see that price action needs to break this key level of support before falling to the next levels.

Looking at the US Indices, we see another classic “Buy the Dip” scenario, which has worked so well for us all year.

The Stochastic Oscillator is confirming and reversing from its Oversold status on the Daily chart.

While we may offer market commentary based on fundamental or technical analysis, we do not offer trading advice and cannot be held liable for any decisions taken by viewers and readers of our material.

Feed news

How do emotions affect trade?
Follow up our daily analysts guidance

Subscribe Today!    

Latest Forex Analysis


Latest Forex Analysis

Editors’ Picks

EUR/USD holds above 1.1700 but the upside is limited

The EUR/USD pair flirted with 1.1750 but was unable to retain its modest intraday gains. Now trading in the 1.1720 price zone, bears retain control ahead of the US central bank monetary policy decision.

EUR/USD News

GBP/USD falls toward 1.3650 on fresh dollar strength

GBP/USD is retreating back toward 1.3650 as the dollar reasserts itself. Fears that the crisis in China's Evergrande could turn into a more significant downturn have resumed. Central bank decisions are awaited.

GBP/USD News

Gold: Further advances depend on the Fed

A better market mood put pressure on the American currency. The US Federal Reserve will announce its monetary policy decision on Wednesday. Gold advanced for a second day in a row, but additional gains are in doubt.

Gold News

Shiba Inu bulls can't hold SHIB from dropping to $0.000006

Shiba Inu price has fallen -28% over the past four trading sessions. Bears remain in control as bulls fail to complete a breakout above $0.000008. Bulls must hold $0.000007 to prevent a drop towards $0.000006.

Read more

Fed Preview: Three ways in which Powell could down the dollar, and none is the dot-plot

No taper now, but when? That is the main question for the Fed in its all-important September meeting. The bank buys $120B worth of bonds every month and it is set to reduce the pace at some point – the first step toward raising interest rates. 

Read more

Majors

Cryptocurrencies

Signatures