- USD/JPY is at a crossroads on a techncial outlook - So far, unable to find commitments from the bulls to get over the 112 line.
- However, while holding above 111.20/50, the outlook remains bullish.
- The daily Ichimoku Cloud is not quite meeting the full criteria for a long with a sustained upside projection target.
The four criteria should be as follows:
- Price must close above the Cloud.
- Cloud ahead must be bullish (green).
- Conversion Line is greater than the baseline.
- Lagging Span is greater than or crosses above the cloud.
- The Lagging Span is not above the cloud, (thick green price line in the chart below targetting the space where the eclipse has been drawn above the cloud).
- A break of 112.20 would be a low-risk long entry point if Lagging Span is above the cloud, (through the eclipse completing the criteria for a sustained trailing stop long entry position with calculated risk and subsequent initial placement of the stop), targetting a break of the 112.52 horizontal 78.6% Fibo resistance line.
- Target break of 113.60 trend line resistance for 114.20.
- Failure at the 61.8% Fibo and channel support opens risk back to 109.50 cloud support.
Information on these pages contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Markets and instruments profiled on this page are for informational purposes only and should not in any way come across as a recommendation to buy or sell in these assets. You should do your own thorough research before making any investment decisions. FXStreet does not in any way guarantee that this information is free from mistakes, errors, or material misstatements. It also does not guarantee that this information is of a timely nature. Investing in Open Markets involves a great deal of risk, including the loss of all or a portion of your investment, as well as emotional distress. All risks, losses and costs associated with investing, including total loss of principal, are your responsibility. The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of FXStreet nor its advertisers. The author will not be held responsible for information that is found at the end of links posted on this page.
If not otherwise explicitly mentioned in the body of the article, at the time of writing, the author has no position in any stock mentioned in this article and no business relationship with any company mentioned. The author has not received compensation for writing this article, other than from FXStreet.
FXStreet and the author do not provide personalized recommendations. The author makes no representations as to the accuracy, completeness, or suitability of this information. FXStreet and the author will not be liable for any errors, omissions or any losses, injuries or damages arising from this information and its display or use. Errors and omissions excepted.
The author and FXStreet are not registered investment advisors and nothing in this article is intended to be investment advice.
Follow us on Telegram
Stay updated of all the news
EUR/USD drops toward 1.0700 after US jobs report
EUR/USD came under renewed bearish pressure in the second half of the day on Friday and declined toward 1.0700. Stronger-than-expected Nonfarm Payrolls (NFP) data helps the US Dollar gather strength ahead of the weekend and forces the pair to stay on the back foot.
GBP/USD extends slide below 1.2450 amid a stronger USD
GBP/USD dropped further and hit fresh daily lows below 1.2450 amid a stronger US dollar. The Greenback remains firm following the release of the US May jobs report. Despite losing almost 100 pips on Friday, GBP/USD is still on track for a weekly gain.
Gold falls below $1,960 as US yields rebound after US jobs data
Gold price turned south and declined below $1,960 on Friday. After the data from the US revealed that Nonfarm Payrolls rose 339,000 in May, the benchmark 10-year US Treasury bond yield gained more than 2% and recovered toward 3.7%, weighing heavily on XAU/USD.
China crypto community picks Ethereum, Arbitrum and BNB Chain as top protocols
Ethereum, Arbitrum and BNB Chain protocols are top picks for the Chinese crypto community, data from a report shows, a possible bullish catalyst for tokens related to these protocols as Hong Kong opens the door of crypto to retail investors.
LULU stock adds 15% on big Wall Street beat
Lululemon Athletica did it again. In something that has become quite predictable, LULU stock sailed 14.9% higher in Friday’s premarket to $377.20 after the prized athleisure brand posted a nearly 15% earnings beat for the first quarter.