USD/CAD daily chart
- USD/CAD is trading in a bull trend above the 200-day simple moving average (SMA).
- As forecast, the bearish target at 1.3340 has been achieved.
- 94.1K new Canadian jobs in November along with surging oil prices and a disappointing US Nonfarm Payrolls was the perfect storm for a selloff on USD/CAD.
USD/CAD 4-hour chart
- USD/CAD is now testing the 100 SMA and 1.3260 support.
- The bears made a lot of damage and the market might need to correct to the 1.3200 figure.
- Technical indicators have turned bearish.
USD/CAD 30-minute chart
- USD/CAD broke below the 200 SMA.
- There seems to be little hope for a strong bullish recovery suggesting further weakness towards 1.3200 figure in the coming sessions.
Additional key levels
Today Last Price: 1.3266
Today Daily change: -1.0e+2 pips
Today Daily change %: -0.785%
Today Daily Open: 1.3371
Previous Daily SMA20: 1.3251
Previous Daily SMA50: 1.312
Previous Daily SMA100: 1.3084
Previous Daily SMA200: 1.3013
Previous Daily High: 1.3445
Previous Daily Low: 1.3352
Previous Weekly High: 1.336
Previous Weekly Low: 1.3187
Previous Monthly High: 1.336
Previous Monthly Low: 1.3048
Previous Daily Fibonacci 38.2%: 1.3388
Previous Daily Fibonacci 61.8%: 1.341
Previous Daily Pivot Point S1: 1.3334
Previous Daily Pivot Point S2: 1.3297
Previous Daily Pivot Point S3: 1.3242
Previous Daily Pivot Point R1: 1.3426
Previous Daily Pivot Point R2: 1.3482
Previous Daily Pivot Point R3: 1.3518
Information on these pages contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Markets and instruments profiled on this page are for informational purposes only and should not in any way come across as a recommendation to buy or sell in these assets. You should do your own thorough research before making any investment decisions. FXStreet does not in any way guarantee that this information is free from mistakes, errors, or material misstatements. It also does not guarantee that this information is of a timely nature. Investing in Open Markets involves a great deal of risk, including the loss of all or a portion of your investment, as well as emotional distress. All risks, losses and costs associated with investing, including total loss of principal, are your responsibility.