Despite the fact that the EU numerous times said that they were not going to renegotiate the Withdrawal Agreement, Jeremy Hunt, one of the candidates to succeed British Prime Minister Theresa May, said that it was possible to renegotiate the Brexit deal. The GBP largely ignored these headlines as Boris Johnson continues to lead the race.
Key quotes (via Reuters)
- Will keep national debt falling as proportion of GDP, but not if there is a recession.
- No deal poses risks to manufacturing and the United Kingdom.
- Rival candidate Johnson has more name recognition than me at the moment.
- No amount of campaigning brilliance will avoid devastation for the Conservative party if we don't deliver Brexit.
- President Trump has his own style, but agrees with criticism of London Mayor Khan.
Information on these pages contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Markets and instruments profiled on this page are for informational purposes only and should not in any way come across as a recommendation to buy or sell in these assets. You should do your own thorough research before making any investment decisions. FXStreet does not in any way guarantee that this information is free from mistakes, errors, or material misstatements. It also does not guarantee that this information is of a timely nature. Investing in Open Markets involves a great deal of risk, including the loss of all or a portion of your investment, as well as emotional distress. All risks, losses and costs associated with investing, including total loss of principal, are your responsibility.