The UK, on Wednesday, expelled 23 Russian diplomats, mostly intelligence officers, in response to the poisoning of a former spy. UK believes the nerve agent used on Sergei Skripal and his daughter came from Russia and has demanded a response.
• Russia's response has shown complete disdain, offered no explanation
• Russians have shown sarcasm, contempt and defiance
• Represents and unlawful use of force against the UK
• This is immediate action to dismantle espionage network
• This is the single biggest expulsion in 30 years
• Will harden defenses against hostile state activity in UK
• Will also table an amendment to strengthen actions against the abuse of human rights
• There is no place for corrupt elites in the UK
• Says will freeze Russian state assets wherever they have evidence of a threat
• Cannot share some measures which UK will take publicly
• Spoke to Trump, Merkel and Macron in the last 24 hours, will coordinate efforts
Information on these pages contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Markets and instruments profiled on this page are for informational purposes only and should not in any way come across as a recommendation to buy or sell in these securities. You should do your own thorough research before making any investment decisions. FXStreet does not in any way guarantee that this information is free from mistakes, errors, or material misstatements. It also does not guarantee that this information is of a timely nature. Investing in Forex involves a great deal of risk, including the loss of all or a portion of your investment, as well as emotional distress. All risks, losses and costs associated with investing, including total loss of principal, are your responsibility.