- Commerce Sec. Wilbur Ross speaking has said that the Huawei order will be effective starting tomorrow.
- The DJIA wobbled, but bulls have stepped in again.
Commerce Sec. Wilbur Ross speaking has said that the Huawei order will be effective starting tomorrow, but investors are shrugging off trade war threats and other various geopolitical risks while preferring to buy into positive earnings from Cisco Systems (CSCO) and Walmart (WMT) and upbeat U.S. economic data:
- US: Housing Starts rise in April, still below last year’s level - Wells Fargo;
- US: Weekly initial jobless claims decreased to 212K from 228K.
The DJIA is up 1.09% or 278 points at the time of writing.
Commerce Sec. Wilbur Ross:
- Huawei order will be effective starting tomorrow.
- Action is not part of trade talks with China.
- Huawei wasn't discussed during US-China trade talks.
Information on these pages contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Markets and instruments profiled on this page are for informational purposes only and should not in any way come across as a recommendation to buy or sell in these assets. You should do your own thorough research before making any investment decisions. FXStreet does not in any way guarantee that this information is free from mistakes, errors, or material misstatements. It also does not guarantee that this information is of a timely nature. Investing in Open Markets involves a great deal of risk, including the loss of all or a portion of your investment, as well as emotional distress. All risks, losses and costs associated with investing, including total loss of principal, are your responsibility.