Analysts at JP Morgan highlight seven key risks, in its latest outlook report, as we head towards the second half of this year.
7 key risks:
- “Trade conflicts become an economically-significant trade war;
- US politics becomes even more complicated (Mueller investigation, mid-term elections);
- US core PCE inflation overshoots 2%, triggering faster Fed tightening;
- OPEC-Russia relaxation of oil accord becomes disorderly;
- Italy over eases fiscal policy and courts a funding crisis;
- US's strike-first-negotiate-later approach to diplomacy brings military entanglement in South China Sea, Korea, Iran or Syria;
- Liquidity risk turns a minor macro event into a major financial one.”
Information on these pages contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Markets and instruments profiled on this page are for informational purposes only and should not in any way come across as a recommendation to buy or sell in these assets. You should do your own thorough research before making any investment decisions. FXStreet does not in any way guarantee that this information is free from mistakes, errors, or material misstatements. It also does not guarantee that this information is of a timely nature. Investing in Open Markets involves a great deal of risk, including the loss of all or a portion of your investment, as well as emotional distress. All risks, losses and costs associated with investing, including total loss of principal, are your responsibility. The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of FXStreet nor its advertisers.