ECB governing council member and German central bank (Bundesbank) Chief Jens Weidmann is on the wires following the IMF meeting, via Reuters, arguing that the political uncertainty rather elevated.
Key quotes (via Reuters):
- Latest economic data supports view of gradual global economy strengthening
- Discussions on green finance went smoothly compared to expectations
- There was broad consensus on importance of green finance
- Broad consensus to continue implementation of FSB reform agenda
- Almost everybody understood importance of open market