Here are some of the key highlights from the ECB President Mario Draghi's statement at the thirty-eighth meeting of the International Monetary and Financial Committee, Bali (Indonesia).
• The Euro area economy continues to expand in a broad-based manner.
• A test of economic indicators suggests that this broad-based growth will continue.
• Significant monetary policy stimulus is still needed.
• Uncertainty around the inflation outlook is receding.
• Underlying inflation is expected to pick up towards the end of this year.
• Then increase gradually over the medium-term.
• Sees limited contagion from recent financial market volatility.
• Cliff-edge Brexit could have the potential to pose a more significant downside risk to financial stability.
Information on these pages contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Markets and instruments profiled on this page are for informational purposes only and should not in any way come across as a recommendation to buy or sell in these assets. You should do your own thorough research before making any investment decisions. FXStreet does not in any way guarantee that this information is free from mistakes, errors, or material misstatements. It also does not guarantee that this information is of a timely nature. Investing in Open Markets involves a great deal of risk, including the loss of all or a portion of your investment, as well as emotional distress. All risks, losses and costs associated with investing, including total loss of principal, are your responsibility.